Sunday, January 10, 2010

Holiday entry 3


This is the second day in Bali which is the 28th of December. We woke up really early because we want to explore as many places as we can. We started the day off by eating a scrumptious breakfast at the hotel's restaurent. Then we headed to the beach booked for water sports in Benoa. You could pick so many water sports to do. You could go parasailing, banana boat, flying fish, scuba-diving, snorkeling and many more. I wanted to go parasailing but the instructor said the wind was too strong, it's too dangerous. So we wanted to do something that was safe and that everyone could do. We chosed to visit Turtle Island. We took a private boat to the island but before we reached there, we stopped a while because we were feeding the fishes bread. So that's what the bread was for! We couldn't really see the fishes because the water was too brown and dirty. After about 15 minutes we arrived at turtle island where there was our own tour guide waiting for us. Oh yeah, whenn we were going to turtle island we saw a funny but dangerous sight. This place was close to the airport so we saw someone high up in the air parasailing and a airplane almost touching it. That must've been scary! The tour guide welcomed us to the island and gave us a tour. 

First we saw different types of turtles. We saw baby turtles, huge turtles and green turtles. When I carried the adult turtle, it was so heavy. My fingers were hurting and was slipping! We moved on to a shallow pool, when you could swim with the turtles. It was kind of scary because I didn't know what was underneath me. We got to feed the turtles seaweed. I never knew what they ate. Next we saw iguanas. They were scary but my dad and I gave it a shot and stroked it. Then we saw an eagle. My dad, my brother and me were the only one who put the eagle on our shoulders because my mom and sister didn't want to. The claws were hurting my neck a little bit because it was trying to climb. The next animal was the fruit bat. Only my dad and me held it. You hold it upside down by it's leg and we tapped our arms to make the fruit bat open it's wings.It felt a bit gross because the legs were muscley. We saw the phyton but no way was my family or me going to hold it. It just gave us the creeps! The last animal was the toucan. The beak and eyelashes was so long! I didn't hold it though. After we saw all that we stopped for a coconut drink. We made a donation to the animals at the donation box and left the island. We took the boat back and reached back to Benoa.

We then went to Sukawati which took forever! It's another huge bazzar and shopping stalls. We bought bags of things. I bought another pair of slippers, a wooden toy calender, a traditional wooden cicak that you hang on your wall, broadshorts and a sundress. I'm not sure if I bought more but it's too much!! After many long minutes, we stopped at a restaurent called Rapuan Cilli. I ate seafood fettucini. Yum! We were supposed to got to white river rafting but it rained, unfortunately. That was the most exciting thing I was waiting for the whole day! Oh well, change of plans. Instead we went to Ubud. It was also one of those shopping stalls. We went there because my mom was looking for this special rock bracelet. Luckly there were lots or else we would be looking forever until we found it! We were puffed out but there was still one place to go which was the seafood restaurent for dinner. I was already sleeping in the car. The restaurent was next to the beach but we couldn't really see it because it was night time already. We were serenaded by this quartet and instruments. I think they should have their own record, because they sound so nice and soothing. Speaking of soothing, when we reached back to the hotel, my siblings put our swimsuits and rested in the bathtub. What a full-packed day it was!

No comments: