Saturday, October 24, 2009

My first break holiday

Wow am I tired! It's been 1 day after my family and I went to Bandung and Bogor. Speaking of Bogor, there was just an hurricane there. I am so thankful that I left after that happen or else, I don't know what. I'm actually scared living here. There are earthquakes, heavy rain that could cause flooding, fires and things. Now to focus on the good side, if you could see on the right, it's a picture of me in Bandung, Puncak. It was like 15 degrees or less! I was shivering so much, but I got a good view of the volcano crater. It was so amazing, I've never been that close to a volcano. Oh no it started to rain! Now it's even more colder! We rushed back in our car after we got pictures with the volcano. It took about 3 hours to get there or more.

After that we went strawberry picking. We collected 1 kilogram of strawberries. The experience there was different, because it was in pots, but when I was living in Switzerland we picked it in bushes or shrubs, like a big field. We also collected some blackberries.


We stayed at a hotel which was called G.H Universal. It was such a beautiful place. I loved the style of the place. I missed staying in hotels. Ever since the holiday started, I haven't been at my house. On Monday, I stayed at Shangri-La for three days. And I met Natasha, ( my friend who also goes to JIS) and we swam together with my brother. I just swam today with my brother again at my backyard pool. I feel so tired and dizzy since I've been staying up late every night. I won't be doing that anymore since school's coming. Ahh.. I'll miss the holidays, but school comes second. First is my family and religion.

The next day, we went to Bogor which took about 3hours because we took the volcano way. I felt so pukey and dizzy going around on the twisted road. We were going to Taman Safari, and I was so excited.There were so many stalls selling carrots and bananas to feed the animals but once you get there at the safari, you can't get out of your car or else the animals will attack you! It's set out in a forest, and there are different sections where the animals have their own habitat. You just drive on the safari track, passing animals. We bought 2 bundles of carrots and we fed some to the zebras, llamas, deers, giraffes and many more. The llamas were really annoying because they kept on begging near cars that passed for food. Do the zookeepers even feed them?
We saw so many animals like hippos, monkeys, peacocks, elephants, otters, oxens and-you get the point. If I named them all they would fill up the whole page. And also if I showed you all the pictures too. On the right is a picture of me feeding the zebra some carrots. I was scared at first, but then I got the hang of it. When we reached the lions, tigers and leopards, they told us to close our window, because you might get bitten. They were so amazing and pretty. But 1 tiger scratched the back tire of our car. Actually it wasn't our car, we rented it. Because my dad didn't want his Mercedes to be damaged or dirty, so we used the Toyota. The car got scratched several times. My the tiger, antlers of a ox and when we were going home, a silly taxi bumped into the back of the car. We have to pay a lot for the damages!
Well I had a fantastic break but it's off to school!

1 comment:

Michael said...

Nice job on this holiday post, Faqeera. I know what you mean by the cold temperatures in the Puncak and Bandung.

I laughed when you mentioned your dad had the foresight to rent the toyota before going into Safari Park. I'm anxious to hear what the tiger's scratch on the wheel looked like. Wow!

See you at school, and I'm anxious to talk with you about this.

mjh